Tuesday, October 1, 2013

I've been at these keys working on this new song (has only a working title right now which I don't like - definitely changing it) and I got the verses down, FINALLY,  and as I'm running through the song, I couldn't help but get emotional each time I would hit the last two lines of the chorus.  The verses are finally in place and it just keeps taking all I have to get through it. I'm stripped down to my core and I feel emotionally naked in this piece.

This song reminds me of a man that worked to break down my walls. He made me notice him when I wasn't even trying to see a man, as a man. Just focused on my work. Like me, he was scared to give his heart but we both seemed to be slowly, but surely, trusting and caring for each other. Someone who was rebuilding his own dreams. And I was busy chasing mine. I admired him, his work ethic, he always made time for me. All I wanted was to show him kindness, and that even though we are not perfect people, we could be lonely imperfect people together...  and inevitably, I fell in love with him. But, did he feel the same about me?

Well... I don't know. He said he was mine. And, I was his. In every sense of the words, He seemed to. We talked everyday, he sent messages that said I miss you and want to hold you. He even used emojis. ha ha And, when a guy uses emojis, it must be real... right? When I fall for someone, I fall hard. It sucks. I feel I do exactly what you're supposed to do when your in love with a man. Respond to his messages and calls right away, make time for him, try to go out and do things together, offer to cook for him, etc.

I miss that man that loved me, I knew who he was then. I probably wouldn't recognize that same man now. I am shedding tears for the love from a man I didn't even know I wanted, or needed. But somehow, I miss him so terribly that my heart breaks every time I don't see a message from him or can't wake up next to his body every day.

This single will be a reflection of an outpouring of the things I wanted to tell him so many times, but couldn't. He wasn't ready. Maybe, I was hoping that he was the one? My forever? Or maybe, we just were a flitting moment in time that would give me material for a record?



No comments:

Post a Comment